What Is HYPOTHERMIA ?
● The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) urged residents of India’s northernmost states to protect themselves from the biting cold by avoiding alcohol as it decreases the core temperature of the body and increases the risk of hypothermia during cold exposure.
● Hypothermia is a severe medical condition where the body loses heat before it can generate it, resulting in a dangerously low body temperature.
● While normal body temperature lies at around 37 degrees Celsius, the body temperature of a person suffering from hypothermia drops to below 35 degrees Celsius.
Sign Of Hypothermia !
● Common signs include shivering, slow rate of breathing, slurred speech, cold skin and fatigue.
● Heavy alcohol consumption is often linked to an increased risk of hypothermia and other conditions linked to extreme cold weather.